As stated on the IMA National Website www.imanet.org
IMA Members are todays leaders, managers, and decision makers in management accounting and financial management. As Members, we are dedicated to continued professional development, to achieving the highest levels of professional certification, and to supporting each other in our commitment to professional excellence.
Globalization and standardization combined with more stringent financial reporting requirements means a continuum of change in practice, rules and regulations, ethics, and execution of accounting and financial strategy in all areas of operation. As Members, we are the most prepared and the most proactive professionals in this changing environment. The future of the management accounting profession relies heavily on leadership and on dedication to continued professional development and to supporting and mentoring the leaders of tomorrow.
The success of IMA Members and of the organization depends on our commitment to:
- Continue to build value in IMA Membership and Certification.
- Provide programs and facilities to broaden and deepen our Member population.
- Maintain relevant and stringent Certification content.
- Assist local chapters in organization, education, communication, and recruiting.
- Increase International reach and support.
- Develop and support current and relevant professional education products.
- Expand our knowledge base through research to leverage new and existing assets.
- Demand and maintain the strongest ethics in all of our professional activities.